Sightseeing - a few suggestions
- An evening out in Corfu Town - either drive or take a boat. It is a wonderful Venetian style cty with lots of little streets and many interesting shops and tavernas.
- Drive up to Mount Pantokrator. Drive south to Ipsos and then take the road through Spartilas and follow up to the peak where there is a small monastery. The views on a clear day are well worth the effort of the drive. For those who are keen then cycle - it has been done by one of our sons!
- Old Perithia - drive north from Kassiopi and turn left to Perithia by the sign to Harry's Taverna. Keep on through Perithia and Loutses and follow signs to Ano Perithia. This is absolutely worth a visit. It dates back to the 14th century and is now a protected heritage site. In recent years the once deserted and derelict village has slowly been restored and now houses a couple of lovely tavernas too. A wonderful destination for an early evening drive
- Water Skiing in Kalami with Louise and Harris - www.corfuboats.gr. Especially in peak season it is worth emailing Louise to book before you travel. They taught all our children to water-ski and can be thoroughly recommended.
- Horse riding on the Avalki peninsula - www.dimitriscorfu.gr.
- Sailing or wind surfing at Avlaki - go down and find them on the beach.
- Walking - Corfu is fantastic in spring and autumn for walking when the grass is green and the spring flowers appear. There is a coastal path from Avlaki heading south down the coast or walk up the hills behind us to the mountain. There are no real maps so it is a matter of following your nose, but there are some wonderful tracks and to do it early and see the sunrise is just superb.
- Mountain Biking - very popular on Corfu now for the more energetic. Bikes can be hired or bring your own; we have had guests do that and they have cycled their bikes from the airport. Try www.corfumountainbikes.com for hire.
- Waterparks - there is a local waterpark called Hydropolis, just before Acharavi as you head north, approximately 15 minutes drive away. Alternatively there is Aqualand (slightly bigger) which is west of Corfu Town and is about a one hour drive away.
- Easter - this is the most amazing experience ever! Pot smashing in Corfu Town on Easter Saturday is the experience of a life time. Do an internet search and you will see what we mean! We cannot recommend Easter on the island more strongly.
We completely fell in love with the villa. I sometimes sat out on the balcony late at night listening to Skops owl and looking at the stars and thinking it was the most idyllic place imaginable. The views really are spectacular, at any time of day.Read more from the Loukia Guestbook